Friday, October 15, 2010

old StOmPiN grounds..

Last weekend was my hometown's homecoming game! Small towns are notorious for football and the season it revolves around! I loved that about the wee little town where I grew up. I do not live there now, but I would not change growing up there for the world :) Small towns have there advantages and disadvantages just as bigger places do but I can't help but love being from a friendly little place! If I am able to catch one game I love attending the homecoming game and festivities! Friday I met up with with a friend and we headed to the pep ralley, her step sister was this year's homecoming queen so she was in town for the traditional showing of the court ;).. after the pep ralley they always have a parade so I met up with some family and other friends and caught our tiny little parade but it was cute and I am glad they started doing the floats again.. and since I was in town and never get to see one of my best friend's I stopped by her house for a little catch up time.. not much ..but enough to get me by ;) I miss seeing all my friends all the time, everyone is so busy with life in general and it is so good to catch up even just for a little while-- While I was there we were in her back yard and I took my shoes off and got stung by a stinkin wasp!!! OUCH! I guess I have never been stung before that I could remember... it hurt so bad! Laura came to my rescue.. she whipped out a first aid kit with some kind of sting be gone stuff! Maybe I should reconsider having children naturally one day.. evidently my pain tolerance is not as high as I thought it was ;)! My little toe was swollen for almost four days so I am guessing I was allergic.. my brother is.. so I must also be?! After all of that excitement that night my best friend and I headed out to catch a movie! We have not done that in so long &  it was a blast! We were our usual 20 min. late...haha! We were told that there were only 19 seats left in the theatre so we may have to sit near the front.. oh no biggie.. ha.. blurred vision and 10 neck spasms later we were wishing we were on time! Jk! It was not that bad and the movie was one of the best I have seen in a long time! We watched "Life as We Know It'.. so cute! We bothed laughed and cried through the whole thing.. more laughing though! After the movie we stopped for some frozen yogurt and headed home! Love that stuff! SO much excitement for one day! Love days like these :) sorry all the pics are kind of bad..sometimes my camera is a little much to haul around so I settle for the good ol' iPhone photography!

brylee at the parade.. enjoying her sucker :)
parade candy!
calleigh jo cooling off in the dairy bar before the parade started
silly kids!
Eastyn! 
Laura to my rescue!
up close and personal! lol
My homecoming days ;-)...









No comments: