Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Friendship Blessing

Once upon a time I was trying on a homcoming dress in Ann's Bridal in Searcy. In walks a girl trying on her wedding dress... we looked familar to each other and passed along a couple of awkward hello's and went on about our dresses......little did I know a year or so down the road she would be one of my very best friends! I can't explain how blessed Candace and my friendship is but I will try! :) She married a guy where I am from and that is more or less how we came in contact. The next year after the dress visit..haha.. I still did not really know her and I was working in a resturaunt in town where we all lived and her and her husband came in to eat. I remember them carrying in the tiniest sweetest little baby. I think she still had a monitor on if I am not mistaken. I remember looking at her tiny little head and sweet face. A few months later Candace started working at the same resturaunt. God placed us there at the same time and I am so thankful! And so it begun :)... We hit it off right away.. I am not sure we were ever not laughing or not talking when we worked together. From then on we had a friendship so precious and God formed! We spent many nights after work talking, laughing, crying, walking, going to some movies, Ihop, and so many other fun times from the work place! We just fit together simple as that! She was God sent and I love having her as my best bud! Candace sent me an email a little while back thanking me for our friendship and it was so weird because it had been on my heart to do the same. So candace if you read this here is your response :).. I just wanted to blog it! I have started to enjoy blogging and thought this would be a perfect post! I like writing about stuff on my mind and heart so here we go ;) although I can't put all of our friendship in words or all the stories because that would take years I think I'll just try and hit some high points! That is another thing we do.. we read each other.. it is kind almost crazy weird! We have seriously sent the exact same messages or had the same thoughts at the same time.. and I know that people do that but we do it all the time! haha.. It doesn't surprise us any more though we just look at each other and are like here we go again! We have had so many ups, downs, and turn arounds! God has put us together and pulled us apart in so many ways and we have such a special bond because of everything we have gone through. I can confide in her, talk, cry, pray, laugh, and sometimes all of those things at one time! I feel like God has used us and the friendship we share to help so many people and to be a light! We are both just as goofy as the other and when we are together people say we tend to bring more of that out! haha :) Yes we have our disagreements, we have had fights, but through it all God has shown us reasons and made us that much closer and a much stronger friendship! HE is just so amazing like that! Through our friendship we have grown so much not only as individuals but also as christians! I love that about us.. God has put us in each others path I think to give us someone to go through things with.. to do life with. Candace was in my wedding.. I was there for the delivery of her precious 2nd child Camp.. not only the big things but also the small things too.. once Candace called me to her house late late because her husband was gone and their house had a hole in it where it was being worked on with a tarp over the hole.. she was frantic and just knew someone was in the house.. so here I come.. and I am the biggest chicken ever... but here I come.. I got in the house and she had a gun sitting out in a case thing and I was like do you even know how to use that thing.. she was like no Corey told me once but I forgot! Oh great! haha! Needless to say there wasn't anyone in the house but we had a good laugh! We have so many great memories from trips to little rock! For a long time we had a Olive Garden/Blue Cake Company ritual! haha! So much that we taught her little girl to say she wanted to eat at Olive Garden as soon as she started talking I think! ;) From our shopping trips, talks, laughs, my wedding, her difficult pregnancy, the birth of her child, prayers, arguments, and all the other times we have had God has blessed my life in so many ways having a friendship like ours! We can talk about God and what He is doing in our lives, our families, our finances, hopes, fears, dreams, and just anything! I think that is one of my favorite things about our friendship. It's just a wonderful blessing on so many levels to have what I have in a best friend! Thanks for being so great Candace! Love ya!



1 comment:

Candace said...

Ginger, i just cried so much and laughed so hard at the moment of wiping my tears!!!!! LOL! I love You super mucho grande and Im so beyond blessed to have you as my friend! We just click.... You are an amazing lady. I just have you know. its time i get to experience the baby moments with your kids and teach them to say Olive Garden when given the Choice, Olive Garden or Fast Food???? haha! NOt only that. I will be in the Room when that/Those squirts make there little selfs known!!! Love you so much. God is so Good~ Your Amazing FRAND!!!!!