Saturday, October 16, 2010

Family Reunion

Every October my family has a big shin dig! My aunt hosts everyone at her house and we always have a large time! I have some of the most amazing people in my family and it is so good to catch up with everyone and see what is going on in their lives and share about mine! :) We have such a BIG family and we are spread all over the place so this one time of the year is so special! This year the weather was perfect! We all sat outside and enjoyed eating and talking as the kiddos ran around and played! When the razorback game started of course half of the crowd gathered inside ;) but for the most part we were enjoying the outdoors all day! It was great! I love getting to see and talk to people who I only sometimes see once a year at our reunion. I think I could have sat and talked to one of my cousins all day long! His life is so interesting and he was so encouraging! He is an infectious disease doctor and has lived all over the place including Kenya! He now lives in D.C. and works for the government on fighting malaria! What a cool job! I was so interested in his stories and just think people like him make such a big differance in the world! So neat! He kept telling me it is never to late to think about starting med school! lol..I have always had a little desire to become pediatrician, but school is so expensive and time consuming! I think I will just stick with nursing for now :)! That may be a little much for me! It's fun to dream though! ;) I have always wanted to make a differance in a big way, but I know you can just do that in little ways in your every day life! :) I did not take as many pics as I usually do, but here are a few! Wish I would have taken more and the ones I did take are of a lot of the people I see all the time! oh well! I LOVE my beautiful family!! It is such a blessing to be part of a family that is so amazing!










No comments: