Sunday, October 24, 2010

How Christian's are Like Pumpkins and a Venti Mocha

I just wanted to share this little saying one of my aunt's had on her facebook profile! I love coming across her status'. She is such an uplifter and a lot of times has a verse.. one that is exactly what I may have needed to see more often than not..anyway this was one she had up and I thought it was fitting for the season :)...


Being a Christian is like being a pumpkin. God lifts you up, takes you in, and washes all the dirt off of you. He opens you up, touches you deep inside and scoops out all the yucky stuff -- including the seeds of doubt, hate, greed, etc. Then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light inside of you to shine for all the world to see.




Today as I was on my way home I went through a Starbuck's drive thru and ordered a tall mocha. I was kind of in a blah mood...we have had a lot going on here lately and I have a lot on my plate and I had just been jamming out to a hillsong CD I borrowed from a friend and praying about life on my way home. It was just one of those days we all have sometimes..maybe a little stressed.. a little overwhelmed thinking about stuff.. anyway when I got to the window to pay.. the girl working informed me that the people infront of me had upgraded my tall to a venti and payed for my drink too! That just made my week! They had no clue who I was and what way that impacted me at that time! What a sweet little blessing in a big way :) you just never know! Sometime I am going to do the same and hope I can make someone else's day! It just made me happy! I think God knew I needed that not only in a little more caffeine kind of way, but also a put a smile on my face kind of way! :-) Sometimes it really is the small things in life...

1 comment:

Candace said...

I Love this Post, But, I also LOVE LOVE LOVE my Hillsong CD , By Which, I soooooo MISS VERY MUCH!!! LOL!!!