Sunday, January 30, 2011

why we do what we do

If you have ever been to any kind of college, began a career, started something you have more than likely been asked the question: why this? why are you choosing this? what brought you here? I have been asked that question so many times! Why have you chosen this path? I just feel like God shapes us into what we are suppose to be.. sometimes even really early on in life. Along with all the seasons in our life God has different jobs, people, and objects set in our path along the way that help alter what we become and why we choose to become what we do. Jesus set the bar as to what we are suppose to be like in life and if we miss it we have missed the point! I have a desperate feeling in my heart to be a helper! I have a crazy desire to help others, and I think that is why I have chosen the path that I have. I don't want to just be another nurse that goes into her job mad at the world just there to get her nice pay check. No I want to be the nurse that is there for a family when their baby comes into the world, the one that prays with the family whose just found out their child has cancer, the one who who empathizes and loves, the one who gives a smile from her face because she loves what she does! I am so excited about this I can't stand it! I pray God uses me as a light in the darkness and a comfort in a family's struggling time. I also have a desire to help the poor. I have been praying about a mission trip. Not any one in particular, but I have a desire in my heart to go to a third world country and help the poor. I want to go on a healthcare mission trip and spend time with some of the poorest people in the world and give them a ray of sunshine that God has given me! :) It may be a long time from now but I am going! This has been on my mind a lot lately and just yesterday I was reading in Proverbs and in 14:21 it says "he who has mercy on the poor, happy is he" and in 22:2 is says "the rich and the poor have this in common, the Lord is the maker of them all." I LOVE that! Sometimes we all need to step out of our comfort zone and get our hands dirty. God put us on Earth for a reason. He put us here to be a light, a helper, and be what He has called us to be! I pray I do not miss my point and that I exceed everything God has called me to be! Sorry if you read this and it bored you to tears it has just been on my heart! ;) God bless you and I hope you are happy doing what you do too! :)


"A man's heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps." Proverbs 16:9


2 comments:

Candace said...

It didn't bore me. haha. I loved every part of it as i always do! Your so blessed. I'm so happy for you that God is doing so much in your life. You will make a Wonderful Nurse! People are going to love you for all that you do! I love the verses. It fits you so well! you always have been a giver! :)

Nicki said...

I love your blog! You are so cute! I just wanted you to know that I left you a blog award! You can check out my blog for the info on what to do!