Thursday, January 6, 2011

Ecclesiastes 3 ..:)

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace." Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

 I love love love this passage in Ecclesiastes. I only made a few new year resolutions. I have not had a diet coke in 6 days now! That is a BIG deal! ha! One of my others was to read my bible A Lot more. So I kind of switched out diet coke for my bible.. terrible I know! I want to have a "meaty" prayer life and be able look life right in the face with scripture! I know when I begin to put my heart out there and dig in my relationship with the Lord will grow so much! I want and need this just as much as anyone else. God has so much to offer us through scripture and I feel like it is never too late to begin reading(or make a resolution to really dig in) His word and keep learning from it! This is my goal and I think it will be renewing and I am excited what I am in for! :) Anyway back to this scripture.. well I came across it the other day when I was reading my bible(I am doing good so far). Before I begin to read I pray.. pray for God to show me what it is I need to see through Him, to guide me. He put Ecclesiastes 3 out front for me. Do you ever feel like God just put things, scripture, people, or any other thing for that matter in your path at the right time.. to teach, encourage, or sometimes just a reminder to trust Him.? Well I do all the time! Sometimes I feel like God says "see Ginger I told ya so, I've got this." Ha! Here lately I feel so stuck in the middle of a "season" in life. It's sometimes awkward here and I think partly because I am always anxious for what's next instead of just enjoying right now sometimes. I am so guilty of that recently. I think it is mostly because "the baby topic" is being tossed around a lot in our home and I do believe all of our families homes as well! ;) It's like ok y'all are next! I love all the different "seasons of life" and I am not sure which one we are in right now. This scripture reminded I just need to sit content and see what season God has next for us! There is a time and a season for every single thing! Life goes by so fast so I just need to buckle my seat belt, sit back, and enjoy the seasons! .. and maybe in the next 1 to 2 years have a baby! :) 

 

1 comment:

kelciehuff said...

I totally understand! Sometimes it is so hard to enjoy where you are right now because it always seems greener on the other side! I've been there. But once you get "there," then you're ready for the NEXT stage! Lord, I pray you would give Ginger peace and contentment and allow her to enjoy YOU in this season of life!