Saturday, February 19, 2011

what do you do when it snows in Arkansas...

Well you sure do not make banana splits or anything else that involves bananas ...unless you got to the rack before they were all gone I guess! ha!


I just had to share what I saw when encountering a local wal*mart a couple weeks ago while preparing for the snow blizzard! I am not usually one to freak out too much over bad weather but we were completely out of everything so I gathered myself and entered the mad house. People get so crazy over food with a chance of snow but I guess it is not every day it snows 20in. in some parts of Arkansas. Nonetheless it is a good thing I do not have random cravings for bananas. I have seen stores low on milk, eggs, bread and such but not bananas! This was a first.

Although they didn't have bananas.. Wal*Mart did have the ingredients to this!
I love chicken enchiladas! I found this recipe here... they were easy to make and delicious if I must say so myself! The husband even bragged about them... to his brother.
Ingredients
1 can cream of chicken 
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup Pace® Picante Sauce
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
6 flour tortillas (6"), warmed
1 small tomato, chopped
1 green onion, sliced

Directions (easy as pie)
  • Stir the soup, sour cream, picante sauce and chili powder in a medium bowl.
  • Stir 1 cup picante sauce mixture, chicken and cheese in a large bowl.
  • Divide the chicken mixture among the tortillas.
  • Roll up the tortillas and place them seam side up in 11 x 8" shallow baking dish.
  • Pour the remaining picante sauce mixture over the filled tortillas.
  • Cover the baking dish.
  • Bake at 350 degrees F. for 40 min. or until the enchiladas are hot and bubbling
  • Top with the tomato and onion.(I left this step off and added extra cheese on top)
What is it about cold weather that makes you want to eat, eat, eat?!  Spring is almost here.. thankfully! ;) I love snow days but I hope I do not see any snow flurries on my windows again until next year... although I do live in Arkansas.. and we have had a good snow at the end of march in years past..

I hope you enjoyed all of your snow days this year as much as we did!!





No comments: