Friday, September 24, 2010

a few fun days...

The past few days have been so much fun! Celebrated a great friend's birthday, spent the day with another friend + her new addition :), and attended a breast cancer awareness fundraiser in Conway! Lots of other things took place between now and them but these are the highlights of my week! Great time with amazing friends and family!

I am blessed with some of the most amazing friends and we love to get together, especially for birthdays ;)! They are one of my favorite things to celebrate! We all met for lunch at McAlister's for Leah's birthday, had lunch, laughed, visited, and enjoyed a crafty dessert! 

Leah , Me, Candace

Camparoo
Leah and her sweet boys!
Two of a kind... 
Crafty Dessert!

I must admit my imagination went a little wild with this birthday dessert, but it was so leah! I found this dessert online and changed it up a tidbit! Super easy and delicious! 

*marshmallows
  *white chocolate 
  *milk chocolate
    *graham crackers
                                                   *heath bar topping (the only ingrediant I added)

I heated my chocolates in my new pampered chef double boiler (makes melting easy and mess free)..dipped some marshmallows in white chocolate and some in milk chocolate...then rolled them in heath bar topping and crushed graham cracker..enjoy!

With my little apparatus I constructed to hold these treats, I had Leah in mind. I originally was going to poke marshmallows on wooden kabob sticks and put them in a flower vase, but that idea changed once I was in the store..I ended up with covering a floral/square oasis with burlap, picked up some actual floral sticks, dangeled some pearls on the wire part of the sticks, got some mini cupcake holders and went to town! Leah decorates weddings etc... and I thought it turned out pretty cute for a custom dessert! :-)

**********************************************************************************
I spent today with another fabulous friend and her new baby Titus! We always have a ball! Amanda is hilarious and I love her to pieces! It's always interesting & a good time when we hang out! We enjoyed lunch & brownies cooked by amanda's mom (i just love that sweet lady) then the 3 of us ventured out for a little shopping! We laughed all day long and just enjoyed Titus! :) He is absolutely adorable and I am a proud aunt ;)....
Hello from Titus :).. 
**********************************************************************************
And .... last but not least I met up with my sister and went to a breast cancer fundraiser! My heart goes out to any families that have endured or are enduring any type of cancer! We had dinner and enjoyed the evening! :)
My beautiful sister & one little monkey!
"loons"
 



2 comments:

Two Shades of Pink said...

Those marshmallow thingys turned out AWESOME! I know thingys is probably bordering on insulting but they are hard to describe. Skewers? Dessert I would butt in front of my children in line for? I loved it! And your blog is too cute. I had that background last year. Leaves with some glitter splashed all around? So fun! I may have to do it again. :)

GINGER said...

Thank you! I do not know what the name of those are so thingy's sounds like a good one! :) I just recently read your 'infertility story" and it touched my heart so much! My husband and I are not trying for a baby right now but I have been told that I will have to have medical help to become pregnant! I am keeping the faith and praying that I will not have to though :) It has been on my heart and mind lately and after I read your story I had so much hope! I think I cried a couple times too..it was very uplifting! Thanks for sharing! I enjoy your blog! :)